The SX1508B and SX1509B are complete ultra low voltage General Purpose parallel Input/Output (GPIO) expanders ideal for low power handheld battery powered equipment. This family of GPIOs comes in 4-, 8-, 16-channel configuration and allows easy serial expansion of I/O through a standard 400kHz I2C interface.
- 1.2V to 5.5V (SX1507B) Low Operating
- Voltage with Dual Independent I/O Rails (VCC1, VCC2)
- Enable Direct Level Shifting Between I/O
- Banks and Host Controller
- 5.5V Tolerant I/Os, Up to 15mA Output Sink on
- All I/Os (No Total Sink Current Limit)
- Integrated LED Driver for Enhanced Lighting
- Intensity Control (256-step PWM)
- Blink Control (224 On/Off values)
- Breathing Control (224 Fade In/Out values)
- On-Chip Keypad Scanning Engine
- Support Up to 8x8 Matrix (64 Keys)
- Configurable Input Debouncer
- 4/8/16 Channels of True Bi-directional Style I/O
- Programmable Pull-up/Pull-down
- Push/Pull or Open-drain outputs
- Programmable Polarity
- Open Drain Active Low Interrupt Output (NINT)
- Bit Maskable
- Programmable Edge Sensitivity
- Built-in Clock Management (Internal 2MHz Oscillator/External Clock Input, 7 clock values)
- OSCIO can be Configured as GPO
- 400kHz I2C Compatible Slave Interface
- 4 User-Selectable I2C Slave Addresses
- Power-On Reset and Reset Input (NRESET)
- Ultra Low Current Consumption: 1µA Typ
- -40°C to +85°C Operating Temperature Range
- Up to 2kV HBM ESD Protection
- Small Footprint Packages
- Pb & Halogen Free, RoHS/WEEE compliant
- Cell phones, PDAs, MP3 players
- Digital camera, Notebooks, GPS Units
- Any battery powered equipment
- SX1509BEVK: Evaluation Kit
Explore a wealth of downloadable resources and datasheets to assist with prototyping and production.
Login or register for mySemtech to gain access to restricted product documentation and to add documents to your Watch List for update alerts
Distributor/Catalog Supplier Inventory
View product availability from participating distributors below. Browse all distributers here.
Semtech Announces Intelligent Sensor Platform,…PerSe™ portfolio features three new product lines – PerSe Connect, PerSe Connect Pro and PerSe… READ NOW
Buying the perfect holiday gift for friends or family is challenging enough but trying to buy the perfect tech gift can be even more difficult. Between sifting through the flood of new products and then ensuring the gift arrives on time, figuring out the exact gift is a moving target. Plus, how do you know if the wireless headphones or smartwatch you’re buying will really perform as promised?
The Perfect Holiday Wearables and HearablesBuying the perfect holiday gift for friends or family is challenging enough but trying to… READ NOW
Laptop and tablet users want the same lightning-fast connections and long battery life as smartphone users. Whether they are on a video conference for work or playing a AAA game for fun, they expect nonstop performance — and their already-high expectations are only increasing with the emergence of new technologies and wireless protocols like 5G and Wi-Fi 6/6E.
Solving SAR Compliance Concerns on Mobile PCsLaptop and tablet users want the same lightning-fast connections and long battery life as… READ NOW
More than 80% of the world’s population, or 6.648 billion people, own a smartphone — and all of them emit a low-level of radio frequency (RF) radiation. In particular, 5G phones are designed with high-performance RF devices and contain an increased number of antennas to support the demand for more reliable connectivity and greater bandwidth.
In a Hand or In a Pocket: Keeping Phones…More than 80% of the world’s population, or 6.648 billion people, own a smartphone —… READ NOW
This article was originally published on engineering.com
Semtech was founded in 1960 and has more than sixty years of semiconductor experience, with a focus on “innovation, size, efficiency, performance, and reach.” On October 27, 2021 the company launched its new PerSe® line of sensors. PerSe sensors, their name derived from the idea of Person Sensing, are designed for the consumer electronics market.
Semtech Announces PerSe: Person Sensor Product…This article was originally published on engineering.com Semtech was founded in 1960 and… READ NOW
We are pleased to introduce our newest line of sensors, PerSe®, for the personal connected consumer market. Derived from the term, Person Sensing, the PerSe product line of sensors features three core product families – PerSe Connect, PerSe Connect Pro and PerSe Control. The sensors intelligently sense human presence near a mobile device and enable advanced Radio Frequency (RF) control when a user is in close proximity - delivering high quality connectivity and throughput, in smartphones, laptops and wearables while providing compliance with global safety standards
PerSe Sensors Improve Mobile Connectivity for…We are pleased to introduce our newest line of sensors, PerSe®, for the personal… READ NOW
An independent investigation recently conducted by The Chicago Tribune revealed that some of the most popular cellphones might come with radio frequency (RF) radiation levels well above the legal safety limit. This finding has drawn public attention to cellphone RF safety and also prompted a follow up investigation by the Federal Communications Commission (FCC) in the United States.
Cellphone Safety – A Look at SAR SensorsAn independent investigation recently conducted by The Chicago Tribune revealed that some… READ NOW